Welcome

Blue Views--remember to click photos to enlarge them...in some cases, it is well worth it.





Friday, July 26, 2013

31 Day Film Challenge: Day 26

Day 26 of the 31 Day Film Challenge: The film that should have never had a sequel. There have been bad sequels, but not because they weren't wanted, just the script, execution, or acting were bad. To me, a film that should not have had a sequel is a film that had a definitive beginning, middle, and end, while not warranting the need to see where the characters went after the credits rolled. I would have said Speed 2: Cruise Control was that sequel, but it is what I would call a spin-off. It took only the character of Annie and put her in a different locale with a different supporting cast. The original Speed could have had a sequel, if Keanu had joined Sandra, so we could see the relationship go to the next level. So I finally decided that the film that didn't need a sequel was Gremlins. I was sad but satisfied with the ending and I didn't need to know what happened next. Now, I know where the characters went or what happened next and I was sorely disappointed. It took great memories of the original and tainted them, if only slightly. Gremlins was good enough and definitely did not need Gremlins 2: The New Batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails